Policies and Procedures Manual
The Policy and Procedures Manual of the Interior Design Educator’s Council (IDEC) is a working document that reflects the mission and core values and facilitates the vision of IDEC, describe the activities of the organization, and support the organization’s bylaws.
The purpose of the IDEC Policies and Procedures are to provide governing guidance to the Board of Directors and to serve as a resource for the members who are actively engaged in the organization or who wish to be.
It is the responsibility of every IDEC member in a position of leadership to be knowledgeable of the contents to ensure the smooth operations of IDEC Boards, collaboratives, committees, networks, and any other group and to serve the membership effectively.
These policies were approved in April of 2019 and will be reviewed on an annual basis.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Annual Conference Committee Cancellation and Refund Policy
- Annual Conference Committee Overview
- Communications Committee
- Finance Committee
- Nominations Committee
- IDEC Board
The Board of Directors is responsible for determining policy, advancing and protecting the mission of IDEC, and strategically planning to achieve the vision of the organization. The Board meets face-to-face at least twice annually to conduct the business of IDEC. One meeting is in conjunction with the annual conference; a second meeting is generally in the summer, and other times as necessary, usually via conference call.
The IDEC Board of Directors is composed of the elected offices of Past President, President, President Elect, Secretary/Treasurer, four Directors. The Executive Director also serves on the Board as a non-voting member.
- President – Elect
- Past President
- Director of Regions
- Director of Scholarship Collaborative
- Director of Service Collaborative
- Director of Teaching
- Exchange Board
- Journal of Interior Design Board
- Regional Chair
- Regional Director
- Regional Council
- Membership Committee
- Student Design Competition Coordinator
- Regional Conferences
- Scholarship Collaborative Coordinator
- Annual Conference Committee – Abstract Review Coordinator
- Annual Conference Creative Scholarship Competition Coordinator
- Annual Conference Proceedings Coordinator
- Grants Committee
- Journal of Interior Design
- Service Collaborative Coordinator
- Awards Committee
- IDEC Video Competition Chair
- Charrette Chair
- Teaching Collaborative Coordinator
- Innovative Teaching Ideas Coordinator
- Pecha Kucha Coordinator
- K-12 Committee
- IDCEC Liaison
- IDEA Line
- Finance Policy
- Record Retention Policy
- Whistleblower Policy
- Conflicts of Interest and Confidential Info Agreement