.design Student Portfolio Competition
Submission Deadline: October 15 at 5 p,m. PST.
IDEC and .design have combined forces to offer a student portfolio website competition. The competition is open to all undergraduate students currently enrolled in an interior design program. The competition is divided into Lower and Upper Divisions. The Lower Division is available to freshmen and sophomore undergraduate interior design students. The Upper Division is open to junior and senior undergraduate interior design students. Websites will be evaluated over a two-phase process. The first phase will evaluate the entry for meeting all technical requirements. If a submission passes these requirements, it will be eligible for submission to the main competition. Entries submitted to the main competition will be subject to a $5 entry fee. Prizes will be awarded up to $1,400 to winners in the main competition. Check out a portfolio example from Caroline Fields, senior interior design student at Florida State University.
- The competition is open to all undergraduate students currently enrolled in an interior design program.
PHASE 1: Technical Requirements
- Website uses a .design domain name
- Website includes home page, projects page, and contact page
- Organization of site is easy to navigate and contains working links
- Includes professional high-resolution images
PHASE 2: Design Requirements
- Development of a personal brand - Presents a developed personal brand that portrays the student as an emerging design professional. This is reinforced through the aesthetics choices of the website and it organization.
- Effectiveness of communication - Information is organized in a professional format which provides insight into the design problem and solution. Organization is clear and concise combining written and visual content cohesively.
- Quality of work presented – Work presented demonstrates a mastery of skills commensurate with experience in the design curriculum. Work demonstrates a breadth of knowledge with respect to a variety of mediums and tools as depicted in a diverse selection of student work.
- A complete portfolio website hosted on a .design domain name:
- You may start a new site from scratch
- You may use the included Weebly website builder, purchase and build on traditional web hosting, or connect to an external site builder like Wix or Squarespace
- You may redirect an existing site to .design
- Include a minimum 3 design projects
- Design / Visual / UI
- UX (navigation, self-explanatory)
- No school name mentioned
- Resume optional
- Contact information optional
Click here to submit
Click here to review the rubric
Please visit idec.design for further resources
Questions? Please forward them to email@example.com