The Presidential Award honors meritorious service by an IDEC member or non-member to the Interior Design Educators Council or interior design education. It is intended to recognize sustained and notable contributions over and above that expected by virtue of appointment or relationship to IDEC. This award is given at the discretion of the acting President in consultation with the Executive Board.
Each nomination shall contain the following information:
- All submission documents should be uploaded as a single PDF file.
The Awards Committee (made up of selected participants and previous awardees knowledgeable in the area of submission) will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community.
Service Commitment to Continued Excellence
Please note awardees will be asked to maintain a service commitment to this award for two years following the award acceptance. This service ensures sustained knowledge and excellence in the review process. Willingness to participate will be requested prior to the subsequent year’s awards review.
RECENT AWARD RECIPIENTS
- Doug Seidler, Associate Professor - Marymount University
- Susan Ray-Degges, Professor - North Dakota State University
- Stephanie Sickler, Visiting Assisting Professor, Florida State University
- Hepi Wachter, University of Oklahoma - IDEC President Elect
- Migette Kaup, Kansas State University - IDEC Past President
- Cindy Martimo, Sperides Reiners Architect - IDEC Secretary/Treasurer
- Jennifer Webb, University of Arkansas - IDEC Director (Scholarship)
- Amy Campos, California College of the Arts - IDEC Director (Service)
- Marsha Cuddeback, Louisiana State University - IDEC Director (Teaching)
- Suining Ding, Indiana University Purdue University Fort Wayne - IDEC Director (Regions)
- 2017: Cynthia Mohr
- 2016: Kathy Ankerson