IDEC Video Competition
Diversity & Inclusion
The 2020 IDEC Video Competition will explore the meaning of diversity and inclusion for interior designers. Can we envision a universal design platform that is broader and more inclusive than past conceptualizations? What would a truly diverse interior design workforce look like? How can interior designers better support ideas of diversity and inclusion through education, practice, or research? The 2020 video competition seeks videos that expand audience thinking about the practice and future of interior design in an increasingly diverse society. Successful videos will appeal to both designers and a general audience of non-designers.
- The video must be between 1-3 minutes in length. Be efficient and succinct! Videos from past years - including 2019 winners - can be viewed here.
- No copyright or infringing content (audio or video) can be included. You can learn more about these issues in quirky, informative online videos such as this one. Any citations should be included on the final screen of the video.
- Creative approaches to the video are encouraged. This could include imagery, interviews, testimonials, demonstrations, case studies, or non-traditional ideas including copyright-permissible music. The video should be entertaining and positive with a message that advocates our profession.
Who may participate?
Interior design students engaged in a higher education program of study in interior design with a minimum of 40 semester / 60 quarter hours in interior design coursework leading to a degree, certificate or diploma (You will need to supply the name of the instructor who reviewed your video entry). Students will be required to list a faculty advisor for their project. Students may team with interior design educators and/or interior design practitioners to complete videos.
All submissions materials are due by Friday, May 29, 2020. There are several steps required for submissions:
- Upload Your Video to YouTube
- Complete the Online Submission Form *The submission period is now closed. Please check back for next year's competition.
Entries will be judged by a panel of professionals from across interior design professional organizations. The finalists will be announced online in July 2020. Cash prizes to be announced. You may contact Laura Cole at email@example.com or Michelle Pearson at Michelle.Pearson@ttu.edu for questions.
We look forward to seeing your submissions!