Call for Fellows Nomination Package
Phase 1 Deadline for Submissions: November 11, 2019 at 11:50pm PT
Fellow status is a professional membership category designed to honor an IDEC member who has made outstanding contributions to the Interior Design Educator’s Council (IDEC). The intent is to recognize an IDEC member who has demonstrated 1) sustained and significant participation in the organization via its many leadership/service opportunities, and 2) ongoing and valuable contributions to interior design education such as the advancement of the body of knowledge, advocacy of interior design and/or education, or the advancement and/or development of any organizations that support interior design education (e.g., CIDA, NCIDQ).
Any professional member of IDEC may nominate a professional member for Fellow Status in IDEC.
Any IDEC member may initiate the Fellow nomination process. This is a confidential process and the nominees should not be informed that they are being considered for Fellow. The first step is to complete the Phase 1 electronic form i(when open) identifying the nominee, a letter from the nominator stating why the individual should be considered for fellow, and the nominee’s full vita. It is important that the nominator’s letter makes a clear and convincing case as to how the nominee meets the stated criteria above.
Phase 1 will be submitted to the chair of the Council of Fellows (CoF) who will review the nominees and then select a committee of five IDEC Fellows with no conflicts of interest. That committee will determine whether the nominee(s) should advance to Phase 2. All discussions are confidential. The nominator will be notified of the committee’s decision.
Once the Fellows committee determines a nominee is ready to move to Phase 2, the nominator is responsible for:
- submitting an official letter of nomination including a summary of the nominee’s accomplishments and a discussion of the significance of the nominee’s accomplishments based on the criteria and thus worthy of this honor and recognition;
- resubmission of the nominee’s full vita (additional information may be included if new accomplishments have occurred).
- securing two additional letters of support from IDEC members
- Phase 1: Submit Phase 1 Electronic Nomination Form due November 11, 2019.
- Notification of applicants moving forward by December 1, 2019
- Phase 2: Phase 2 submission is due January 17, 2020.
- Voting will end January 31, 2020
All completed Phase 2 submissions that meet the deadline will be made available to all members of the Council of Fellows for review. All Fellows will have an opportunity to cast their votes through an online system.
Those who are elected into the Council of Fellows are recognized at the Awards Ceremony during the next IDEC Annual Conference.