The Merit Award honors meritorious service by an IDEC member or non-member to the Interior Design Educators Council or interior design education. It is intended to recognize sustained and notable contributions over and above that expected by virtue of appointment or relationship to IDEC. Priority will be given to recognizing meritorious contributions to IDEC. Any IDEC member in good standing can nominate a person for the Merit Award. The completed application comprised of a completed form and reference letters are returned to IDEC Headquarters. The IDEC Board casts the deciding vote.
- Complete the online submission form by October 22, 2017.
- Nomination Letter (from Nominator): The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 750 words) that describes sustained and notable contributions over and above that expected by virtue of appointment or relationship to IDEC.
- Upload Nominee Resume
- Responses to the following questions:
- Identify the major contribution(s) to IDEC and/or interior design education.
- What, in your opinion, makes this individual a candidate for this award, specifically? That is, what is noteworthy about the accomplishment(s) identified in question 1 above?
- Support References: Submit the names of three references. References will be asked to complete an online form of support that asks for rankings in the following area(s): sustained and notable contributions over and above that expected by virtue of appointment or relationship to IDEC. Additionally they will be able to submit comments (not to exceed 500 words) to help provide direct information regarding the stated criteria.
The Awards Committee will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community in the spring of 2018.