Award(s) are given for recognition of the content of an outstanding visual media piece that exhibits excellence in addressing issues of the discipline of interior design including practice, research, and education. Media includes such products as websites, digital presentations of one hour in length (minimum), printed media that would not be considered for the IDEC Book Award, etc. Anyone in good standing can nominate an individual or entity for the IDEC Media Award.
- Author(s) may be from anywhere in the world
- Author(s) do not need to be IDEC members
- Publisher-nominated, self-nominated, or other nominated
- Published within the last five years
Each nomination shall contain the following information:
- Documentation: Submit the URL and one electronic copy of the book with the nomination. If no URL exists (e.g., digital presentation), submit one electronic copy of the entire book with the nomination.
- Support References: Submit the names of three references. Please note that only references from the top 3 finalists will be contacted to submit letters of support.
The Awards Committee will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community in the spring of 2020.
- 2019: Stephanie Zollinger, The Jack Lenor Larsen Oral History Project.
- 2018: Rebekah Radtke, Reimagining Living and Learning Spaces on Campus
- 2017: Jill Pable, Design Resources for Homelessness
- 2016: Jessica Senne and Jonathan Fahnestock, A Conversation with Architect Ralph Fournier