Award(s) are given for recognition of the content of an outstanding visual media piece that exhibits excellence in addressing issues of the discipline of interior design including practice, research, theory, and education. Media includes such products as websites, digital presentations of one hour in length (minimum), printed media that would not be considered for the IDEC Book Award, etc. Anyone in good standing can nominate an individual or entity for the IDEC Media Award.
- Author(s) do not need to be IDEC members
- Author(s) may be from anywhere in the world
- Publisher-nominated, self-nominated, or other nominated
- Published within the last five years
Each nomination shall contain the following information:
- Nomination Letter (from Nominator): The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 500 words).
- Documentation: Submit the URL (if applicable) and/or one electronic copy of the media with the nomination.
- Support References: Submit the names of three references. Please note that only references from the top 3 finalists will be contacted to submit letters of support.
- All submission documents should be uploaded as a single PDF file.
The Awards Committee (made up of selected participants and previous awardees knowledgeable in the area of submission) will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community.
Service Commitment to Continued Excellence
Please note Awardee(s) will be asked to maintain a one year service commitment in honor of being selected as an Award recipient. During the year following the Award acceptance, Awardees will be asked to serve as a Reviewer for the Awards Committee and thus must abstain from submitting for the Community Service, Partner in Education, Teaching Excellence, Scholarship Excellence, Book, or Media Awards during that year. This service ensures sustained knowledge and excellence in the review process. Willingness to participate will be requested prior to the subsequent year’s awards review period.
Submit Your Nominations by October 15, 2019
- 2019: Stephanie Zollinger, The Jack Lenor Larsen Oral History Project.
- 2018: Rebekah Radtke, Reimagining Living and Learning Spaces on Campus
- 2017: Jill Pable, Design Resources for Homelessness
- 2016: Jessica Senne and Jonathan Fahnestock, A Conversation with Architect Ralph Fournier