Submission Deadline: October 19, 2018
Award(s) are given for recognition of the content of an outstanding book that exhibits excellence in addressing issues of the discipline of interior design including practice, research, and education. Books include such products as textbooks, trade books (i.e., written for designers or public), popular press books (written for public audience), etc. Any IDEC member in good standing can nominate an individual or entity for the IDEC Book Award.
- Author(s) may be from anywhere in the world
- Author(s) do not need to be IDEC members
- Publisher-nominated, self-nominated, or other nominated
- Published within the last five years.
Each nomination shall contain the following information:
Documentation: Submit the URL and one electronic copy of the book with the nomination. If no URL exists (e.g., digital presentation), submit one electronic copy of the entire book with the nomination.
Support References: Submit the names of three references. Please note that only references from the top 3 finalists will be contacted to submit letters of support
The Awards Committee will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community in the spring of 2019.
- 2018 - Book Award - Dr. Dak Kopec, Health and Well-being for Interior Architecture
- 2017 - Book Award - Kristi Gaines, Angela Bourne, Michelle Pearson, Mesha Kleibrink, Designing for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- 2016 - Book Award - Philomena Bluyssen, Delft University of Technology, The Healthy Indoor Environment: How to Assess Occupants' Wellbeing in Buildings
- 2015 - Deborah Schneiderman, Pratt Institute, Inside Prefab: The Ready-Made Interior
- 2014 - Lois Weinthal, Ryerson University, Toward a New Interior: An Anthology of Interior Design Theory published by Princeton Architectural Press