The IDEC Community Service Award recognizes and honors significant contribution of community service by an individual or group at a national, regional, and/or local level associated with the discipline of interior design. Service can include a variety of activities including but not limited to: making a difference to a community or special needs group, service-learning projects that build the awareness and value of interior design, efforts in the advancement and dedication to the promotion of IDEC, effort in the advancement of interior design education or design scholarship, or an activity demonstrating significant community engagement. Any IDEC member in good standing can nominate an individual or group for the IDEC Community Service Award. Candidates may self-nominate.
- IDEC members and non-members are eligible for this award. Nominees can be from any part of the world.
- Significance of the service
- Contributions to the community
- Impact of contributions on the community
- Description as to how the service impacts public perception of interior design
- Complete the online submission form by October 22, 2017.
- Nomination Letter: The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 750 words) that describes the community service and addresses how it meets one or more of the criteria.
- Support References: Submit the names of three references. References will be asked to complete an online form of support that asks for rankings for each of the criteria. Additionally they will be able to submit comments (not to exceed 500 words) to help provide direct information regarding the stated criteria.
EVALUATION:The Awards Committee will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community in the spring of 2018.