Become an Interior Design Educator
You’ve been practicing interior design and you are at a crossroad in your career. Think about a new route, one that brings you to higher education.
Did you know that to sustain interior design in the future, we need to increase the pool of qualified educators? Ask yourself, “Would I want to invest my expertise where others would learn from it?” Teaching interior design might be right for you at this time.
- Types of academic positions
- Types of academic institutions
- Types of degrees
- What is a typical Academic Appointment?
- What is Scholarship in Academy?
- Citations and Sources for Additional Information
IDEA-Line offers an opportunity to contact experienced IDEC members. These individuals are interior designers, faculty and/or administrators who bring a wealth of knowledge to the field. While located in different geographic locations in the United States and Canada, they share a sincere, deep interest in sustaining the future of interior design and interior design education. Each and all have strong networks across education and practice. If you are interested in speaking with one of our volunteers fill out the form in this section. You will be contacted to begin the discussion.
- Fill out the online interest form.
- You will be contacted to arrange to speak with an advisor at a time that is convenient to both of you.
- The adviser will be interested in your story, your questions and together you will explore various directions. The adviser might suggest that you contact other individuals once your interests and/or direction are clearer. The adviser can assist in formulating focused questions, areas of your work to feature, and explore options with you.
- The adviser will send a follow up inquiry to see if further questions arise.