IDEC NEWS & FEATURES
IDEC Statement: Black Lives Matter
COVID-19 & Distance Learning
IDEC has compiled a list of resources for interior design educators and students alike. Check it out here. IDEC Premier Partner, Design Manager will host a live webinar on August 19, 1 - 2 pm Eastern Time to introduce IDEC members to the Design Manager College Program. Learn more and register here.
Check out IDEC's new program to support members in the transition to virtual internships
IDEC members receive complimentary access to the Journal of Interior Design, IDEC Exchange, and Innovative Teaching Ideas library.
Not an IDEC member? Click here to join.
Search the listings of available full-time, part-time and internship positions. Job seekers can search through targeted listings of available positions by location, specialty and other criteria. Employers can post job openings in our database to reach thousands of qualified job seekers. If you are an IDEC member posting to the Career Center, make sure to login first with your IDEC member login information to receive the member rates. Once you are logged in, navigate back to the Career Center to proceed with the posting.
advancement of interior design education, scholarship, and service.
VISIONS. IDEC will be recognized as the leading association and authority on
interior design education by:
- Advancing responsible design thinking through education, scholarship, and service.
- Advancing the interior design profession’s Body of Knowledge.
- Participating in leadership discussions and actions that affect the entire design community.
- Being the primary source of innovative interior design teaching resources.
- Being the leading venue for the publication, presentation, and dissemination of interior design scholarship.
- Preparing members for leadership roles in their academic institutions, communities, and the interior design profession at large.
- Providing support for the professional development of interior design educators at all professional levels.
- Engaging interior design educators in service to the organization and to the greater community.