The IDEC Nominating Committee has issued a call for Nominations for new Board of Directors and Regional Chairs with terms starting in 2019. Positions include:
- President Elect (2019- 2022; 1 year as president-elect, followed by 1 year as President, followed by 1 year as Past-President) Click here for description.
- Secretary/Treasurer (2019 - 2021)
- Director - Service (2019 - 2021)
- East Regional Chair (2019 - 2021)
- Midwest Regional Chair (2019 - 2021)
- Southwest Regional Chair (2019 - 2021)
The Board of Directors is responsible for determining policy, advancing and protecting the mission of IDEC, and strategically planning to achieve the vision of the organization.
Term of office varies according to position. However, responsibilities begin May 1 of the appropriate year and run until April 30.
Roles and Responsibilities
Per IDEC policy, this is an open call to all IDEC members to participate, made in an effort to invite both established IDEC members as well as new members to contribute to the future of interior design education. It is desirable that volunteers have prior experience in the content area they are interested in representing.
To be considered for any or all of these positions, or to nominate any other voting member, please fill out the nomination form no later than June 15, 2018. *Must be signed in order to access this form*
The nomination form asks for:
- Nominee's Contact Information (including Nominee's Name, Title, Institution, Email, and Phone Number)
- Identification of the role(s) best suited for the candidate (Multiple roles may be selected)
- Observations of the nominee that lead to their nomination
- Nominator's Contact Information