IDEC Video Competition
Technology + Design
SUBMISSIONS DEADLINE: May 10, 2019.
Commercial and residential interiors alike have been transformed by technological advances over the last decades. The design process itself has been changing to integrate 3D visualization techniques, immersive experiences, and data analytics. Many non-designers, however, may have an antiquated view of what interior designers do. The 2019 video competition seeks submissions that reveal one or more of the exciting ways that technology and design combine to create unique design processes and/or innovative interior environments.
- The video must be between 1-3 minutes in length. Be efficient and succinct! Videos from past years - including 2018 winners - can be viewed here.
- No copyright or infringing content (audio or video) can be included. You can learn more about these issues in quirky, informative online videos such as this one. Any citations should be included on the final screen of the video.
- Creative approaches to the video are encouraged. This could include imagery, interviews, testimonials, demonstrations, case studies, or non-traditional ideas including copyright-permissible music. The video should be entertaining and positive with a message that advocates our profession. To demonstrate creativity and increase the competitiveness of your entry, we encourage students to craft their videos without using online templates.
Who may participate?
Interior design students engaged in a higher education program of study in interior design with a minimum of 40 semester / 60 quarter hours in interior design coursework leading to a degree, certificate or diploma (You will need to supply the name of the instructor who reviewed your video entry). Students will be required to list a faculty advisor for their project. Students may team with interior design educators and/or interior design practitioners to complete videos.
All submissions materials are due by Friday, May 10, 2019. There are several steps required for submissions:
- Upload Your Video to YouTube
- Complete the Online Submission Form
Entries will be judged by a panel of professionals from across interior design professional organizations. The finalists will be announced online in June 2019. Cash prizes to be announced. You may contact Laura Cole at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
We look forward to seeing your submissions!