Institutional Merit Award
The Institutional Merit Award recognizes and honors significant and sustained contributions to IDEC, interior design education, and/or interior design by an educational institution (e.g., community college, college, university) at a Council wide and/or regional level. Any IDEC member in good standing can nominate an institution for an Institution Merit Award. Candidates can self-nominate.
- Complete the online submission form by October 22, 2017.
- Nomination Letter - The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 750 words) that describes the community service and addresses how it meets one or more of the criteria.
- Responses to the following questions about the institution/entity.
- What are its major contributions to IDEC, interior design education or interior design in general?
- What, in your opinion, makes this institution/entity a candidate for this award, specifically? That is, what is noteworthy about the accomplishments identified in question 1 above?
- Support References: Submit the names of three references. References will be asked to complete an online form of support that asks for rankings in the following areas:contributions of the individual or entity, as well as his/her/its impact on IDEC, interior design education, and/or the interior design profession. Additionally they will be able to submit comments (not to exceed 500 words) to help provide direct information regarding the stated criteria.
The Awards Committee will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community in the spring of 2018.