The IDEC Partners in Education Award recognizes and honors significant contributions to IDEC and/or interior design education by any entity (e.g., design firm, industry, organization, institution) or individual at an international, national, and/or regional level. Any IDEC member in good standing can nominate an individual or entity for the IDEC Partners in Education Award.
All entities or individuals are eligible.
- Contributions to IDEC
- Including but not limited to: support for regional or annual conferences, The Journal of Interior Design, etc.
- Contributions to interior design education
- Including but not limited to: providing product and design literature to school, sample design problems for students, student scholarships, including support for research and grants for educators and interior design program development.
- Complete the online submission form by October 22, 2017.
- Nomination Letter: The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 750 words) that addresses one or more of the following criteria:
- Significant contributions to IDEC
- Significant contributions to interior design education
- Support Letters: Three letters of support (not to exceed 500 words) must be submitted with the nomination. These letters should help provide direct information regarding the contributions of the individual or entity, as well as his/her/its impact on IDEC, interior design education, and/or the interior design profession.
- The nomination letter and three support letters should be uploaded as a single PDF file.
The Awards Committee will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community in the spring of 2018.