Partners in Education Award
Submission Deadline: October 19, 2018
The IDEC Partner in Education Award recognizes and honors significant contributions to IDEC and/or interior design education by any entity (e.g., design firm, industry, organization, institution) or individual at an international, national, and/or regional level. Any IDEC member in good standing can nominate an individual or entity for the IDEC Partners in Education Award.
All entities or individuals are eligible:
- Contributions to IDEC
- Including but not limited to: support for regional or annual conferences, The Journal of Interior Design, etc.
- Contributions to interior design education
- Including but not limited to: providing product and design literature to school, sample design problems for students, student scholarships, including support for research and grants for educators and interior design program development.
Each nomination shall contain the following information:
- Nomination Letter: The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 400 words) that addresses one or more of the following criteria:
- Significant contributions to IDEC
- Significant contributions to interior design education
- Support References: Submit the names of three references. Please note that only references from the top 3 finalists will be contacted to submit letters of support
- The nomination letter and three references should be uploaded as a single PDF file.
The Awards Committee will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community in the spring of 2019.
- 2013 - Jeffrey Kenney Executive Director, NCIDQ
- 2012 - Jeannie Bochette
- 2011 - Michael Alin, Executive Director of ASID
- 2011 - NCIDQ