Award(s) are given for recognition of the content of an outstanding visual media piece that exhibits excellence in addressing issues of the discipline of interior design including practice, research, and education. Media includes such products as websites, digital presentations of one hour in length (minimum), printed media that would not be considered for the IDEC Book Award, etc. Anyone in good standing can nominate an individual or entity for the IDEC Media Award.
- Author(s) may be from anywhere in the world
- Author(s) do not need to be IDEC members
- Publisher-nominated, self-nominated, or other nominated
- Published within the last five years
- Complete the online submission form by October 22, 2017.
- Documentation: If the nominee’s is available in hard copy only (e.g., a printed media), submit five copies to IDEC Headquarters. If the nominee is available online (e.g., a website), submit the URL and one electronic copy of significant portions of media with the nomination. If no URL exists (e.g., digital presentation), submit one electronic copy of the entire media with the nomination.
- Support References: Submit the names of three references. References will be asked to complete an online form of support that asks for rankings in the following area(s): content addresses issues of relevance to interior design practice, scholarship, education, or engagement; potential for significant impact on interior design profession; comprehensive nature of the coverage; visual impact, e.g., organization, images, interactivity; and contribution to interior design education, or original research, or prior scholarship. Additionally they will be able to submit comments (not to exceed 500 words) to help provide direct information regarding the stated criteria.
The Awards Committee will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community in the spring of 2018.