The Teaching Excellence Award recognizes an individual’s or individuals’ success in the development and delivery of a specific educational experience that yields exceptional student learning. Any IDEC member in good standing can make a nomination for the IDEC Teaching Excellence Award. Individuals may not self-nominate.
- IDEC member in good standing
- IDEC member for at least two years
- The educational experience must be associated with an established interior design program within higher education.
- If a team is being nominated, then one team member must meet the above qualifications and have made significant contributions to the development and delivery of the educational experience.
Relevance of project to interior design
Effective method/technique that yields exceptional student learning outcome
Specific teaching excellence documented by development and repetition of a teaching effort such as a project, assignment, exercise, field trip, etc.
Articulation of the purpose, methods, and outcomes of the project
- Complete the online submission form by October 22, 2017.
- Nomination Letter (from Nominator): The nominator must submit a nomination letter (not to exceed 750 words) that describes that addresses the criteria listed above.
- Narrative (from Nominee): The nominee must submit a narrative (not to exceed 750 words) that clearly articulates the purpose, methods, and outcomes of the project.
- Supporting Documentation: The nominee may provide up to 10 pages of supporting documentation that could include syllabi, handouts, examples of student work, student evaluations, etc.
- Support References: Submit the names of three references. References will be asked to complete an online form of support that asks for rankings directly related to the criteria. Additionally they will be able to submit comments (not to exceed 500 words) to help provide direct information regarding the stated criteria. At least one of the letters should be from a student who participated in the educational experience.
The Awards Committee will review all submissions and present their final award nominees to the IDEC Board of Directors for approval and ratification. Award winners will be publicly celebrated at the annual conference and will be announced to the full international IDEC community in the spring of 2018.